Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Really Good Weekend

I went to the zoo with my friends on Sunday, and I did the coolest thing. I got my face painted. I would usually be way too self-conscious to let anyone else near my face, but I was at the ten-sticker mark and I was totally scab-free. I had quite a few spots, and they were annoying the hell out of me inside my brain, but at least I looked normal - other people get spots too. So I let the lady paint my face. I was choosing an animal to be, and I like cats but I didn't want to be a lion or a tiger because there were lots of lions and tigers already. The leopard wasa bit more obscure, but I thought, "I can't be a leopard, leopards have spots, I don't want someone to paint markings on my already over-markinged face, it'll look stupid." And then I remembered that I didn't have a load of big marks on my face anymore. So I got the leopard done. I had leopard-spots all over my face and I didn't feel paranoid about it, I felt great. I felt really liberated, that I could feel confident enough in my skin to actually deliberately paint fake spots onto it. And having the paint there was a major help in staying touch-free, as I didn't want to smudge it :) It was a really fantastic day.

Peach
xxx

clever girl, way to go; twelve stickers in a row

No comments:

Post a Comment